The QbD Group is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to work on a freelance basis on our multi-tenant SaaS (Software as a Service) application IFUcare. IFUcare is a service of Qarad (part of the QbD Group). Qarad provides regulatory and quality expertise for medical devices (MD) and in vitro diagnostics (IVD). IFUcare enables manufacturers of MDs and IVDs to make paper instructions for use (IFU) accessible online.
Do you have at least 5 years of experience and a strong background in Java Spring (Spring Web, Spring Security and Spring Data JPA)? Are you passionate about developing high-quality software? Do you like to work independently in a flexible team with direct communication lines, room for your own input and a no nonsense mentality? Then this is the position you’re looking for!
What do we expect from you as a Senior Backend Developer?
- You design, develop and maintain the backend of our existing multi-tenant SaaS application using Java Spring
- You write clean, efficient, and scalable code
- You work independently on the backend
- You collaborate with the frontend developer to ensure a smooth integration of the frontend and backend
- You collaborate with the tester to ensure smooth creation of automated tests
- You optimize the application for speed and scalability
- You ensure code quality through testing, debugging, and code reviews
- You use GIT, BitBucket, JIRA & Confluence for version control, issue tracking, and collaboration
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience in the field
- At least 5 years of experience as a backend developer
- Proficient in Java Spring, Spring Web, Spring Security, and Spring Data JPA
- Excellent SQL knowledge and experience with raw SQL queries
- Familiarity with GIT, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence
- MySQL and Liquibase knowledge are a plus
- Experience with React, Next.js, and TypeScript is a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS, SES or SQS is a plus
- Prior experience in the life science sector is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently in a small team environment
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch
What does QbD Group offer you?
- A long-term partnership with a strong growing, knowledge-based company with far-reaching international ambitions.
- Correct administration and punctual payment.
- The necessary support so that you can fully focus on your assignment.
- Numerous events to expand your network.
In short… We go and stand JPEG: Joy in Partnership, going for the Extra mile to Get things done!